Storm jib for furlers: it is an essential safety equipment
In heavy weather, to maintain an acceptable comfort on board and to control your course it is essential to have an efficient headsail.
Those who know this situation all agree: the furled genoa is not the solution in these conditions (low efficiently, no gain into the wind, the boat loads, increases the heel… with possible damage on the sail and furler). Setting a storm sail is the only real way to control your yacht in heavy weather.
The storm jib for furlers: it is an essential safety equipment on board
Storm jib for furlers: it is an innovation
From the question, came into being the concept of the storm jib for furlers, a twin fold storm sail adaptable to all types of boats equipped with a furling genoa.
The Storm-bag with it’s innovative automatic opening bag has radically simplified to use. It comes as a complete package with its own sheets, tack strop and snap shackles.
Only three shackles to snap, and your storm jib for furlers is ready to be hoisted.
- no complex equipment or modification to the boat
- no difficult manoeuvre
- the genoa is furled and foredeck clear
- once set up, hoist from the cockpit when you decide
- less than 2 mn to hoist and trim the storm jib for furlers
- the amazing efficiency of the twin-fold allows you to sail very comfortably over 25 knots of wind